The fifth grade students have been practicing six different watercolor techniques:
1. Graded Wash (Oftentimes used in large areas that vary in tone; skies)
2. Variegated Wash (Used in areas where one color transitions into another color)
3. Dry Brush (Used to show texture/detail; Similar to "drawing" with a brush)
4. Salt Resist (The salt soaks up the water, and the pigment, leaving an interesting texture)
5. Splatter (Used to create texture)
6. Layering (The transparent quality of watercolor allows the painter to layer colors in order to achieve different hues).
Next week, the students will be applying these watercolor techniques to a watercolor landscape he/she will be creating. More photos to come!
Teacher/Staff Painting Night
20 hours ago