Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 14, 2010

I have chosen to teach art as my profession because creating visual representations of the world is my passion, and I want to share this passion with students in a classroom environment of creativity and possibility. As a visual arts teacher, I believe it is essential to keep my hand drawing and painting, my arms elbow-deep in clay, my mind engaged in creative problem solving, and my eyes open to the details of our world. I hope to inspire this type of engagement within my students. The students at CCA have been asking what kind of art I like to create. I always find that to be a difficult question to answer because different ideas require different modes of representation. I thoroughly enjoy all mediums. Feel free to browse my personal artwork at katefallseshelman.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment